Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Writers.PH | Freelance Writing

This freelance writing site has the best system I've ever encountered, the best support team, a decent pay out rate, and lots of projects to choose from.

Support
They called me on my mobile when I got accepted, and they call just to follow up on projects and make sure I'm working on it. Well, you get the picture. It makes me feel that this company won't go bankrupt any time soon.

System
Pick an order you think you can do and you get it. No waiting whatsoever. You get the same privilege on Academia-Research once you've been promoted to PREMIUM WRITER, but not before.


Rate
On the average, around $3.5 to as much as $16 per page, double spaced.

Applying
They ask you to send your portfolio, basically containing anything and everything that you've written before. For my case, it was a couple of poems, song compositions, articles and movie reviews from MST 5, the first 10 pages of a novel I'm working on (Dark Side), and novel scenes from another novel I'm working on (Currently still thinking about a good title for it). It took about a week, maybe more, before I received the call congratulating me of being accepted.

What should your portfolio contain? <--this is supposed to be a link, and it will be once I've set up the blog entry about it. You can apply on their website. Become a freelance writer now!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alas! an nice feedback with writers.ph, thanks! i really need to hear something good about freelance writing in writers.ph. I'm just a new writer of writers.ph and already earn some decent dollars but as i browse the net... all im seeing is complaints and write ups that writers.ph was a scam... i am really confuse now.

caerberu said...

Writers.ph is a legitimate company, in my opinion though, you can earn more in Academia-Research.com.

The advantage of Writers.ph is that there are a lot of projects to choose from, since the competition is fewer (mainly from the Philippines). In Academia-Research.com, the rates are usually higher ($4 is the minimum, as opposed to Writers.ph where you get projects almost down to $2 per page).

Glad this post helped!

Anonymous said...

i used to work as a writer for them even getting all the way up to "premium" status. it was okay for a while unil things got really crappy after a few months. the pay delays just stretched longer from days to months. it actually took the threat of exposure and legal action before i finally got my salary. believe me, the complaints you read on the net are founded on fact.
if they did get their act together, good for you. however, i would advise you to take things with a grain of salt.

Anonymous said...

hello? is this a home based job? thanks!

caerberu said...

hi beanstar,

Yes, this is a homebased job.

Thanks for coming by!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I got a little worried having read all the threads against writers.ph. it's my first month with them and have zero knowledge if they are legitimate. I hope I get my salary on time, though... This page is a little more assuring than the others.

Anonymous said...

Its good to hear good reviews about writers.ph. Do we get payments in time? Or there is delay? Can we trust the site and continue writing?
You see I am new writer there and read a few articles that they put payment on hold for almost no reasons. Can you please elaborate? I really need it !

Anonymous said...

It good to hear sumthing good about writers.ph. Do they pay on time or delay? I read that they put payments on hold, sometimes with almost no reason. Can you please elaborate? Is it worth continuing work with them? Please I really need it...

Diana said...

Here is what I can say and I swear on my mother's grave that I'm telling the truth. I have been writing for them for 3 months now and all salaries have been paid. Yes they have. The only problem is that, the payment is ALWAYS delayed. I can still say it is LEGIT because there is actually a reason for the delays. When the salary is supposed to be paid on the...say, 15th, the higher management which is from the US, wires the money exactly on the 15th. There is still some bank issues there which takes 2 to 3 days, as far as I know although in my experience, it even came to a point that it reached 9 days! I was already a little edgy then but you know, the fact that I still do get paid is enough for me to say I'm working for a company that is not a scam.

caerberu said...

Thank you for the feedback Diana!

ss_blog_claim=f93d758087aed45bf6726e1f7a06c29a