Sunday, October 12, 2008

Working From Home on the Internet | Advantages and Disadvantages

Is it that easy to earn money online? You may have heard of people who earn thousands of dollars online every month. They seem to be just ordinary people, when you look at their background, and you think that if they can do it, so can you.

In my experience, it's really not that easy to earn money online. It entails hard work, perseverance, and patience. Despite not having great results at first, it pays off if you persevere. It's okay to lean back from online work for a while, but make sure to come back to it once you've got your energy up again.

It's not easy, but it is worth it. Right now, sometimes I get way past the minimum wage (by the hour) for the Philippines, where I live in. For example, I could get the minimum wage for the day for a normal Filipino employee, but I only work for several hours, sometimes even less than an hour. The downside is that, unless you are employed on a regular basis online or have become familiar with several online opportunities, initially you may not have enough opportunities to match the monthly wage of a regular employee.

A great way to start with online opportunities is by working on them on your free time. At first, unless you have someone already successful to personally guide you, it may not be wise to exert 100% of your effort and time into working online. Start with part time, or just do it on your free time. You will face some problems, some delays, some companies that will not pay you. Most of the time you'll be taking risks. For me, what I found effective is to work locally on a company so I could support myself, then only working on online opportunities on my extra time. I only stopped working locally once I had found enough opportunities that would allow me to match my monthly income from that local company. After I gave up that local work, I had more time to myself.

Higher pay rate by the hour, but not too many opportunities. For example, get-paid-to-blog websites such as SocialSpark and Payperpost pay you $5-10 per post, which only takes around 30 minutes to 1 hour of work. Consider that the minimum wage in the country is around $6-$7 per day. So, that's pretty okay for 30 minutes of your work. The problem is that there are only a limited number of opportunities that you can take per month. For my case, I generally get five to ten such projects a month. Which isn't really so bad since it means it's the equivalent of working for a local company for several days.

Multiply your options. I do my best to explore other opportunities and not only limit myself to one money-making program. I try survey sites, referral sites, get-paid-to-blog sites, writing and research sites, and so on and so forth. I've posted most of the opportunities that worked for me, and those that really paid me through PayPal on the upper left corner of this blog. The good thing is that so far, I've only seen growth in my capacity to earn. The more I learn of other opportunities, the higher the income.

Challenges. One of the biggest challenges I face is probably in having discipline. When you already have a lot of free time to yourself and when you control your own time, it can be hard to switch back to a working mood. It's tempting to just let the days pass by without doing anything. But you should not let this stop you. It's okay to rest, but keeping a regular working schedule is also important.

These, so far, are my experiences and thoughts on the pros and cons of earning from the internet.

3 comments:

caerberu said...

you're welcome John!

Thanks for coming by

Anonymous said...

hey its more than just thank you. . . im glad that you're sharing these ideas to people . . . good karma begets good karma! more power! and may the almighty inspire you more and give you more opportunities to share .. . be good!

caerberu said...

thanks! glad to hear this blog has been of help to you.

ss_blog_claim=f93d758087aed45bf6726e1f7a06c29a