Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Work From Home Site Update | Academia-Research.com and PayPerPost verified NOT SCAM

Hi,

Good News 1: Academia-Research NOT SCAM!
Earn Money Online, Work at the Comfort of Your Own Home

I've just received payment from Academia-Research.com, an on-line freelance writing company. The sum amounted to over $200, and it's currently in my Paypal Account. I still have pending $100 from Academia which will be paid on the 25th of this month(They pay you bi-monthly, on the 10th and on the 25th).


(click to enlarge the image)


(click to enlarge the image)

There you have it, Academia-research is NOT SCAM.

Good News 2: PayPerPost is NOT SCAM
Earn Money Blogging About the Things You Love, Work at the Comfort of Your Own Home

Another good news is that PayPerPost.com is NOT SCAM! I just received payment for my first project, worth $20 for a 200 word essay about PayPerPost. The only thing about PayPerPost is that it may be hard to come by opportunities for newly opened and low PageRank blogs. Every once in a while, an opportunity does pop-up that doesn't require a PageRank 3 Blog (I'm still at PageRank 0, but am now working on it using Search Engine Optimization techniques.)

Status on legitimacy of 5 other sites still pending:

I still have yet to receive from the other freelance sites though, as I haven't taken projects from them yet.

Still to be verified:

www.writers.ph
This company is based in the Philippines. Great system for accepting and receiving orders, and great support. They call you on your phone or mobile just to follow up your projects or to remind you of rules or some such. I took a few projects here, however, they charge you $15 for the money transfer if the amount you summed up is less than
www.allwriting.net
Haven't tried much yet, but I get lots of emails regarding new projects everyday, perhaps more than the amount I receive at Academia-research.com. Whenever I log-in though, only a few projects remain, as projects are immediately taken by other writers.
www.researcheden.com
This one even offers fully paid luxury vacations for their top writers! Haha. Though I haven't taken any projects from here yet.

www.onehourtranslation.com
Well, I guess I have to learn a few more languages don't I? This one pays you by the word that you translate. Haven't taken any projects from here yet.
www.pinoywriterz.com
I've heard from a friend that this company pays well and on time. The system is that they assign you the work, and you can either work full time or part time. I've received news that currently, as of May 7, 2008 though, some of its writers have not been assigned any projects lately.
www.eduwriters.com
I've not yet applied to this one. If you know anything about this site, feel free to post a comment on this thread.

If you have any experience on these sites, then please feel free to post information about them here.


Many thanks for coming by!



(Found this useful? Feel free to post your comments, suggestions, and feedback.)

1 comment:

Jade said...

I was browsing through the website last night about several academic writing services that I used to work for before I started looking for another writing company when I came across one forum, actually, a couple of forums/sites, that all talked trash about Writers.Ph. I couldn’t help but shake my head and roll my eyes as I remember how I tried to defend this company once because I thought it was legit given the fact that they were paying me. Well I was dead wrong. The legitimacy of a company does not only end in the monetary issue; it has to cover several policies which they have imposed; policies that they occasionally violate. Once a particular policy does not go to their advantage, they will devise something, a strategy, to make it work for them.

What they actually do is, when you’re a starter, they will pay you and make things seem so smooth-going. Naturally, one would think everything is ok. But when you’ve been working for them for one year and is in the status where you are making big amount of money, they will come up with something to either delay the payment, or deduct you with unreasonable fines that will leave you with a very small amount of money in the end!

Here is what had happened to my account. I took one project that cost over a hundred dollars. Writers.PH has its own messaging system for each order page, and I was in constant communication with my client then. When I had uploaded the paper, the client didn’t ask for a revision request using the system (meaning it wasn’t transferred to completed status back into the Current Order status). He only messaged me asking to add a couple of words and to add some more information and even said that he likes the paper. I was pleased, of course. Because it was only through messaging system that theclient asked for the revision, I was not under the pressure of time to submit it. There was no deadline ticking. The deadline was just between me and myclient . As I was about to check the status of my completed order that afternoon, I found that that particular order has been canceled! When the order’s status is set to canceled, that normally means it was canceled by theclient. I was very confused because it didn’t seem to be consistent with our chat history. Anyway, I thought the client decided it wasn’t a good paper so I just decided to accept that I lost a big amount of money from an order that I have worked hard for. Just leave it, I said to myself. You can’t please people. But what happened next shocked me to the very core. I got a new message from myclient still asking for updates on the paper, as if nothing had happened! He was like “Oh and one more thing, kindly do this and that, and take your time because I’m in no rush… just make sure you get everything perfect…” And I was like…. What the hell…..??

As it had turned out, the client didn’t cancel the order. In fact, he had absolutely no idea what the company he paid for is doing! What Writers.PH didn’t know is that, the paper wasn’t finished yet and the client and I constantly communicate. Actually, Writers.PH didn’t know the communication was still open. And that’s where I got them! It was a big slap on my face that they are stealing money from me all along!!! I went back to all my completed orders that were still unpaid and they all showed that all orders amounting to $80 and above were either fined or delayed! God! Please, if you’re a writer who just signed up to be one of their freelancewriters , then may God be with you. Try not to earn more than a hundred dollars, otherwise you will get it three months after or worst, you’ll never get it at all.

ss_blog_claim=f93d758087aed45bf6726e1f7a06c29a